This position has been filled. Thanks for your interest!
Would you like to become a member of our Elite Team of Professionals? We offer a great place to work with flexibility, benefits, & autonomy. If you have a strong work ethic, a commitment to patient advocacy and the ability to treat your patients like family, we want to meet you.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The function of the Oasis Coordinator (OC) is to manage the OASIS Data and meet the required regulatory time frames in order to ensure the agency meets or exceeds the program goals in an efficient and progressive manner. The OC will coordinate the clinical data and communicate with the nursing staff to provide optimum efficiency, maximize profits and ensure compliance and excellence. The OC will perform the following duties personally or delegate to those approved by the Administrator:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned):
- Follows organizational policies and goals to ensure compliance with local, state and Federal laws.
- Maintains a commitment to the company vision and the “spirit” of the organization by fostering a work culture that embraces teamwork, creativity, independent thinking, and high degree of co-worker support and respect.
- Review and manage OASIS Data to prepare for transmission to state.
- Communicate with field staff to ensure accurate OASIS data collection.
- Ensure appropriate coding that reflects the highest level of accuracy and reimbursement.Transmit OASIS to the state within appropriate timeframes.
- Develop Plan of Treatments (485) that reflect the needs of the patient and the OASIS data.
- Review and Correct coding on OASIS.
- Assist in taking referrals as needed.
- Follow up with clinical staff to ensure that clinical data is accurate and present. Notifies the appropriate professionals of any missing data.
- Review of clinical records for visit pattern, orders and other data as assigned through regular clerical chart review as directed.
- Use OASIS and OBQI software as needed to enter, update or audit clinical records.
- Assist with assurance of ancillary disciplines completing documents to finalize POT/485.
- Communicates clearly and directly with other staff members and reports any problems to the administrator.
- Participates in the OBQI, OBQM programs and in-service programs as appropriate.
- Provide back-up for duties for office personnel in main office as needed.
- Answers phones professionally and intelligibly within 3 rings; takes messages with full names and correct spellings; properly routes all patient calls to assist the clinical staff in reaching patients or other clinicians as needed.
- Perform special projects as directed by Vice President or President.
OASIS Coordinator may supervise any field staff persons in OASIS data collection, visit pattern and documentation requirements ensure patient need is met.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
Experience: Minimum of 2 years OASIS Data management, POT development, Medicare/Managed Care Experience
- Patient Care Services
- OASIS Data
- CMS, State and Local Regulation
- Coding Procedures
- Office Equipment and management of such equipment
- Computer skills including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet, Email
- Office Management Procedures
- Accept, follow and work by the values of Gallagher Home Health Services
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, referral sources, patients, physicians
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude and office culture
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly requires to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, computer work and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested? Please fax resume to 412-294-4079 or click here to apply online.
Gallagher Home Health Services is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability ,genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.